August 8, 2012

Wingspan update

My Wingspan is so close to being done I can almost taste it.  I'm about a quarter of the way through my 6th triangle (out of 7--I think the Chroma yardage will make it likely I won't make the 8 the pattern calls for, but that's okay).  I had high hopes at the beginning that this wouldn't take super long, but of course real life got in the way of all my knitting plans.  I'm hoping to make it by the month mark, though!

I plan on blocking it pretty aggressively, like many others have, so it looks more wing-like.  I've never *really* blocked anything, though, so we'll see how that goes!


As you can see in the above picture, some of my triangle edges are a little messy.  This is because I used the (new to me) knitted cast-on for those; blocking will set it straight though, and I think it will look quite nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment