August 16, 2012

Choices are hard

Now that I've finally finished the Wingspan, I'm trying to decide what to work on next.  This is proving more difficult than usual, because I've been bitten by the knitting bug (must be that time of year).

First, I've been dying to try knitting a huge version of the Traveling Woman shawl by Liz Abinante out of Mushishi yarn.  My friend Sam has done two of these now, and its gorgeous.  Lace is not usually something that always appeals to me (I think its beautiful and am amazed at the talent it takes, but its not something I typically wear), but something about the Mushishi makes the whole thing more causal.

I'm also itching to try my hand at knitting some monsters for a friend's children for Christmas presents.  I've been wanting to experiment with toy knitting for quite awhile (mainly due to all the lovelies I always see on the Little Cotton Rabbits blog).

Then, of course, I've been wanting to knit a sweater.  I've found a couple of patterns I like, but I'm currently leaning towards the Julissa (scoop neck version).  It, however, calls for fancier yarn than I have the funds for at the moment.  Must save up!

I've also been dying to try colorwork again, and really want a pair of big, comfy mittens (I particularly like Bella's Mittens).

And there's always the amigurumi I've been meaning to teach myself to do.

TOO MANY THINGS!  I'm not very good at doing multiple projects at once, but I keep trying.  Does anyone have any tips for multiple project management?

(In totally random news, I am in love with the "scheduling" option on Blogger--I can write up a bunch of posts while I have the ideas in my brain, and just schedule them to post at any time I want!  Yay technology!)

No comments:

Post a Comment