August 20, 2012

Away we go...

I've settled on the Traveling Woman shawl as my next project.  I just started it yesterday, and already had a hiccup.  The start of the shawl uses what is apparently called a "garter tab," which is not uncommon to shawl starts (so I read, anyway), but very new to me.  It took me a couple of tries before I felt mostly comfortable with what I had, and I'm still unsure of it--mine didn't turn out rectangular like it did in the video I watched...more like a softly curved half-circle.  I'm going to plow ahead and hope for the best.

This week I'll be off on a semi-vacation (for a friend's wedding), and I'm hoping to get some knitting time in. Alas, I'm driving, so there won't be any travel time knitting, but I don't have very many pressing plans so I expect at various junctures I'll be able to chill out and knit.  Cross your fingers for me!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaQHMmEIvgU&continue_action=s73OmcezmL5M_esZQyfSDXNSXMNMuVdYZmn06koAVgPX3hsHYS_qbdkgYobKBuTBa3WhvoiIvPeUFmrtFSZoLexqL--CJ-llmzI8lPOj_jQ=

    Try this link by loopyarn on you tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'd watched another video as well, but this one looks much more like the tab I made. Seems I was doing it correctly after all. Thank you!

      Delete