August 16, 2012

Hail the conquering hero!

 

The wingspan is done and happily blocking as I type (actually, I started blocking it last night, it's probably close to being dry).

I'm very proud of it--I love the colors in the Chroma and it was lovely and easy to knit without being too tedious (since it was just all knit stitch).

I only did seven triangles (the pattern calls for eight) because I wasn't sure if I'd have enough yarn or not...after completing it, though, I think I could have done the eighth.  Next time (because I'd totally make more of these).  I also slipped all my stitches knit-wise, with the yarn in back, and quite like how the edges came out.  I didn't do anything to deal with the holes (which result from the short rows), but as I mentioned previously, I actually like them; you can hardly seem them anyway.

I think if I did this again, I would definitely try the "Angel" version, where the holes are more obvious and there on purpose.  I like the airy look that gives the whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, have just started reading your blog during the last month. Thought rather than be a "stalker" lol I should comment.
    Your shawl looks fabulous!!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you very much! And thank you for reading! :D

      Delete