My stash got out of control, so this weekend when I was in a cleaning/organizational mood I rearranged it. I added some yarn weights, and arranged them in order from thinnest to thickest (OCD alert)--it looks the same (I'm still using the cubes seen in this post and this post), only more of the bins are labeled now. The fingering weight portion of my stash was especially crazy, and I ended up having to put it into TWO cubes. I need to get going on some more shawls (or maybe more socks).
Speaking of shawls, I still haven't finished my Trillian.
It's fairly close, I really just need to sit myself down to a movie
marathon and finish it. I have to knit the body until I have about 10 g
of yarn left, and then finish up the border; last I measured I had about
34 g left. Power through, Jackie, power through!
In completely other news, as I mentioned in my last post, my friend Rachel has started dyeing yarn,
and I went to Jimmy Beans to check it out. Needless to say, I came
away with two skeins--one in the Tahoe Skies colorway, and one in Desert
Sage. Very soft and pretty! She's added some more colorways since I
was there, so I suspect I may walk away with even more in the future.
Rachel is a fan of tonal colors (rather than variegated), so if that's
up your alley, I highly recommend you check it out!