November 30, 2023

Pinwheel Blanket Update

The pinwheel blanket is coming along rather nicely...I'm about halfway through at this point, at least based on my math:


 

There is 100% a boo-boo on one of my edges that I couldn't quite figure out how to fix, and I'm sure there are some other errors too, but I have apparently grown as a knitter, because I don't really care.  That's not to say I don't want it to be perfect, but its also a handmade item and I am human. I am doing my best.

As far as other projects, both the sweater and scarf are currently in hibernation. I did investigate both to see how far long I had actually gotten (my project photos on Ravelry were rather out of date), and it turns out that I have a little more done on my sweater  than I realized (pattern is The Weekender by Andrea Mowry). So, now I'm not sure how I want to tackle it. I may just do another gauge swatch, but I have to double check my yarn to be sure I have enough. 

I had changed my knitting style while working on baby blankets back in 2019/2020 (more on that in an upcoming post), and when I restarted last month I didn't quite have the muscle memory remaining of how I had held the yarn, so have been having to retrain myself a bit on this one. That being said, I'm sure my gauge is NOT the same. And we all know how gauge is my arch nemesis. So...we shall see!  Blanket first. Right now I'm on track to finish before Christmas, but I am traveling for work next week and not sure I can keep up at the same pace (boo).



No comments:

Post a Comment