September 17, 2012

Re-do!

Ugh.  Nothing infuriates me more than when I make a mistake and have to backtrack.  It will come as no surprise after that opening sentence that, of course, on Row 5 of Chart A of the Traveling Woman shawl, I managed to goof up.  I thought I figured it out my issue, but when I went back across the wrong side (Row 6) things were NOT RIGHT.  So I had to frog all the way back to my lifeline (the START of Chart A), and spent my weekend knitting time re-doing something I'd already done once.  Grumble.  I'm actually waiting to start Row 5 as we speak.

I would have gotten farther along but my DVD player died.  That likely sounds strange (and is a poor excuse!) but I really like having a movie I've seen before playing in the background when I knit (it can't be new, because then I don't pay attention).  America's Next Top Model reruns are equally good, but alas, the weekend seemed to be devoid of ANTM episodes. I considered listening to a podcast, but really, I was dreading going through Row 5 again.  Hopefully I can suck it up and get something done this week.

Anyone else have any habits that help them getting knitting done?  Do you like to have noise in the background or complete silence?  Is there a certain spot you like to sit?  Please share! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yep I'm a bit the same, like to sit in the comfy lounge with the tele on......... or in the garden having a cuppa in the sun.........
    Don't you feel stupid when you realise what you did wrong, you know you have to un-pull it as even if noone else notices you know it's there....... my recent fiasco was knitting a fairisle for my 8 year old grandaughter and about 8 inches in realised that I had reversed the colours to what I had intended, even though it was black and white, the white and black just didn't do it for me.......and its amazing how curly the wool gets in such a short time of being knitted....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only attempted fair isle once, and I can only imagine! And 8 inches is A LOT. I feel better about my 5 row mistake.

      Delete